The first Dodge Firearrow was a sleek roadster, and while it looked as if it could burn up the highways, it was only a mockup with no running gear. The public responded to the concept car however and Dodge built an actual running prototype, the Firearrow II.
Dodge trimmed the concept with all the latest gadgets.
A 1954 Firearrow III was sold on Friday, January 16, 2009 for $880,000 by RM Auctions. In 2007, a Firearrow IV sold at auction for $1.1 million.
- 241ci, Red Ram Hemi V8 with four-barrel carburetor
- Rated at 150hp
- Power-Flite automatic transmission
- Independent front suspension with coil springs
- Live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs
- Safe-Guard four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes
- Wheelbase: 119-inches
- Four-seat convertible
Article courtesy of Street Legal TV, written by Bobby Kimbrough.